Friday, January 23, 2009

A Good Day Turned Bad

I had a wonderful day today. One it was Friday so there is always a silver lining to the day knowing that you don't have to work the in less than 24 hours. But other than that it was a great - I set myself up for a raise/promotion (maybe, keep your fingers crossed for me), got all the work done that I needed and even got to leave 10 minutes early.

The ex is suppose to come for a visit this weekend so I called him so that he could talk to his daughter and to firm up the details. We talked for a while when he dropped the bomb on me. He was coming up with his girlfriend. The snake slipped it into the end of the conversation when MJ was acting up, knowing I would be unable to talk about it more. Apparently, his girlfriend (we'll call her Betty) has some work to do in fine city so they will come down on Sunday and then spend the day with MJ on Monday. I am not sure exactly how much actual time she will be spending in my home cause I had to go (partly cause I was going to start yelling and partly cause MJ already was).

Now calm and rational are not two words I would ever use to describe myself but come on. I am sure Betty is a wonderful person but truly I don't want to meet her. This is for many reasons (for a recap of one reason please refer to It Certainly was a Spooktacular Weekend). But now I am freaking out cause I am going to have to meet her. (Do you think it is possible to lose 20 pounds in two days?? Anyone have a tapeworm I can borrow?) I have to fanatically clean my house (I am just that way, its a sickness) and be perfect for when the fucking happy couple show up on Sunday, around noon. I am sorry, I just don't want the bitch in my house until I am happily married, with perfect hair and a gorgeous body (yes I am shallow and vain).

The worst part of this whole thing is that the ex wanted to start talking about getting back together!!! Now I do know she has to work but if she will be spending most of her time her, that is totally out of my comfort zone. He has been hinting at it for a while and it is usually on the back of my mind so I asked him point blank one day if he wanted to get back together (a couple of weeks ago) and he said yes but would rather discuss it in person. I have not even talked to him on the phone since then and now this.

My life is weird. I love it but it is weird.

I got to go now. Time to wash and wax the kitchen floor now that the oven is cleaned. Do you think 39 hours is enough time to paint the house??

Anxiously yours,
Moi


1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

I think it's pretty much within the realm of reasonable for you to say that you are not comfortable with the girlfriend being at your house.
P.S. Being that he says he wants to get back together, and is now bringing gf, I suspect it's a ploy to make you jealous. Whatever you do, don't let him think it worked for a minute. You promised yourself you wouldn't fall for him again...
Luv ya.