Monday, January 26, 2009

Dating - Sort Of...

In an attempt no to die alone, I online date. Being a single mom in a new city, 'getting out there' is hard. Heck, even when I had a live-in babysitter, getting out to meet men was hard. Online dating is a safe alternative to trying to meet someone in a bar (at least I am sober online).

So what happens is that a conversation is struck up on the dating site and then eventually moves to msn, where it suddenly dies there!! Not that I never go on msn but it just seems like I am never online when any of the men I am interested are on. So I am very leery to give out my msn for the simple fact that is where the relationship dies. I will usually get a message 2 months after I originally gave out my msn address asking who I am and where do they know me from.

So there is one guy I have been talking with that I have been fortunate enough to actually have a few conversations with who doesn't make me want to run screaming from the room. He is two years older than me and he has a two year old son. He wanted to take our relationship to the next level - yes that is right, we are now facebook friends. But there is one problem (well more than one but only one that doesn't make me look shallow) he is kind of dumb. Not really stupid, but I do have to explain myself a lot. This is not a deal breaker, I will give him a real life chance before judging him online.

Why is it so hard to find a good guy? Why can't I find that special man that I click with that is perfect in every way. I know he is out there.

Longingly yours,
Moi

PS. Do you know a piece of store bought cake with icing has 7 WW points. I had to make a Asian zero point soup for supper just to even out a piece of cake that wasn't even all that good. Dam knowing the nutritional value of everything you eat!!!

1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

BUT, did you know that if you bake an angel food cake from a mix, you can eat HALF of the cake for 3-4 points?! Or eat only a quarter of the cake, topped with some fruit (fresh or frozen) for the same 4 points.