Friday, January 16, 2009

Decisions, Decisions

Just when you think that life is good the way it is, a seemingly easy decision comes along that makes you shake your head. It seems like an easy decision on the surface, but the more you think about it the less you know what to do - and these are the easy decisions in life.

I have been trying to get MJ into this other daycare since I moved here four months ago. Not because I dislike where she is now but just somewhere with better hours. I work 8 to 5 and the daycare she is now is open 7:30 to 5:30. There are times when I need to work past 5, not a lot of times but when I need to work overtime, I need to be there.

So I get the call from the other daycare yesterday. There is a spot open for February 2nd. I went today for an interview. The new daycare is attached to a school which would make the transition into school simple. The hours are better - they are open 7 to 6, an extra hour a day which would be huge when I need it. Now the downside - it is $70 more per month. For a single mom who is not currently receiving child support that is a lot of money.

When I went to pick up MJ from her current daycare after work I spoke to her main daycare provider and found out that I need to give a full months notice - that would be the earliest I could get out (unless there is someone to take my spot) would be March 1st.

Now MJ really loves the daycare she is in now. I am not too worried about the transition cause she adapts well to new situations. But I am torn what to do. I have changed so much in her life in a short time, should I do it again? Please, if anyone has any kind of advice, please let me know.

Moi

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Whenever I have a tough decision to make, I pray. Then I open up my Bible and read. And when I come across something that seems to be pointing in one particular direction, I pray some more. If what I'm sensing is where God is leading, there is total peace. If I still feel unsettled or unsure, then I keep praying.

A friend of mine simply prays that God will open the right doors and shut the wrong ones. He does. :)

Just from the gut, though, if something's working well don't mess with it. And, in many ways it's a precious thing to be "safe" from having to work overtime and take more time away from sweetie pie...

Anonymous said...

i agree with tyler...but as for me a full time working mom, you have to what works best. mj is young and would adjust quickly. this past year alone my kids have been with 5 diffrenent care givers. we are currently on our 4 nanny. i think it is more stressful on mom. my kids have done well through each new phase. so good luck.
princess jules