Sunday, November 2, 2008

It Certainly was a Spooktacular Weekend

So the ex came down to take MJ trick or treating. He came on down on Friday and was suppose to stay the whole weekend. I was thrilled, to get a weekend of duel parenting would like having a weekend off. I made a bunch of plans for Saturday night and Sunday.

Friday went fine. The ex even brought MJ to my work to show her off and my bosses even commented on how nice he was being. (Not a big surprise there, he is nice just not nice to date.) We had supper, but Izzy to bed, watched some TV and went to be without incident. I even told him I was dating, no one in particular but a few guys in general and he was fine with all of it.

On Saturday we were out shopping when my phone rang, it was my date for the night confirming plans. When I hung up the ex was pissed, how dare I talk on the phone when I was suppose to be giving him directions (everything started going down hill from there). When we got back home, he informed me that he was going home that evening. FUCK. I had a date for Saturday night, I was going running with the girls on Sunday and another date Sunday afternoon. I made all these plans cause he was suppose to be there and now that he knew I was going on a date he was off faster than a prom dress. I tried my sitter but alas, she was already booked.

I asked him to stay but he said he girlfriend is really jealous of me and doesn't want him spending too much time here (I read not spending time with his daughter) and furthermore, he was not sticking around to babysit while I was out on a date. Pardon, while you were boning your current girlfriend, who the heck did you think was 'babysitting' MJ - ghosts???

I called my sister to bitch and she has come up with a wonderful solution (maybe). To get some me time, I let MJ spend a few weeks with her. I am going to see her next weekend and will come home on Tue say. I would pick her up on the 23rd - so that is 11 days being MJ free. I am really liking this idea but I don't know. I have only ever been away from her for three days so I am not sure how to do this. Help me out, how to you give control of your daughter. I am conflicted to say the least. I would love not to be a mom for a while but she would be 7 hours away (one way) so its not like I could just pop over to see how she is doing.

My November is crazy and not having a child would be so much easier. Oh well, we have lots of details to work out before it could happen, but I think if all works out I may go with it. How many times do you get this kind of offer.

Moi

0 comments: