Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Biggest Loser 2009

Okay, once again my weight has gotten out of control. This ridiculous. As most women I know, weight is a constant struggle with me. In an attempt to get me motivated, I have joined another weight loss challenge, Biggest Loser 2009. The rules are easy and it involves money (paying and winning).

We only weigh in once a month so to start it all off, we needed to take a picture of us on a digital scale. I was going to wait until morning to step on the scale but figured, fuck it, I weigh what I weigh. I just about cried. At the end of June my weight was 161.5 pounds. I just stepped on the scale and I am now 176.5. My feet even look fat in the picture.


I have been eating uncontrollably lately and have been doing zero exercise so I shouldn't be too surprised. Still feels like a punch to the stomach. Why is weight so hard to lose and so easy to put back on.
Wish me luck. It starts now!!!
Moi

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Your pedicure, my dear, is just gorgeous! And I totally think you should re-weigh in the AM (it often makes 5 lbs difference for me).
And for the record, when I saw you recently, I had not a clue. You look fantastic. (I know, I know, not that that helps when we feel chubby...)

Karilynn said...

Okay.. so the answer to your question is that we struggle with weight because we attempt to lose it with a DIET as opposed to a lifestyle change. This time around find something that works for good and stick with it. Also, gaining 10 lbs in a few months can be a fantastic motivation. I'm sure when you look back on the last couple of months you can SEE why you gained the weight. Emotional eaters HAVE to find something to replace binge eating with. Exercise is a fantastic option. Another one is finding great binge eating alternatives... LIKE A WHOLE BAG OF POPCORN!! Orville Redenbachers MOVIE THEATER BUTTER POPCORN has less than 200 calories in the whole bag! ;o) Either way... I'm excited to be on this journey with you! I've been doing this for 9 months and it's been a completely new world for me! :o)