Saturday, August 29, 2009

So I Am a Bit Political

For those who don't know me, I am a bit of a political person. I have a degree in political science and have always wanted to work in government. When I first finished university, I always thought I wanted to work on the bureaucracy side, focusing on policy development. Now I am a card carrying member of the best political party in North America (the only reason I don't say the world is that I am not fully aware of the political parties world wide, but I would put money that after months of research, I would still think the it rocks).


Anywho, there is a byelection coming up in our province and with that I have been asked to help out campaigning. I have never done any campaigning before in my life and was really nervous. Now I am helping organize volunteers, working the phones and have even when out door knocking. I love it. It is engaging, challenging and completely enthralling. I can't wait till the general election to do more.

For those out there who believe in a party would urge you to do what they can to help out. Donate money, donate your time, go out and vote. If you believe that the people you support would make the world a better place, help them do that. It is a rewarding experience. I thought it would be a chore, something I did out of obligation, but its not, it is something I want to do. My thought is that if people don't, what are we left with.

Moi

0 comments: