Friday, September 4, 2009

Companies Coming

A really good friend of mine is coming with her two little girls for a visit this weekend. She has never come visit me in my new house, which makes this visit exciting for me. Even more fun is that we are going to the Labour Day Classic!! My super fabulous babysitter is back (she moved home for the summer) and I have suckered her into watching all three kids (that would be three children under the age of three). It is going to be a fabulous long weekend.

One big draw back, is that it is probably going to be a super fabulously fattening weekend. I know, I know, there are always 'better' choices to make. I am going to sit down and do some menu planning and try to make healthy meal choices which will not be hard as I am planning to do bbq'ing this hot, hot labour day weekend. However a day at the football field on a hot, hot day mean a lot of empty liquid calories consumed.

I rarely drink and actually go out even less so I really don't want to waste this wonderful opportunity to be a lush with a great friend as I have been doing good this week. Oh well, a planned fall of the wagon is better than falling off and staying off right? Plus, I am going to see if I my wonderful friend will let me go for an outdoor run all by myself and watch my little one. I am thinking she will cause she is great.

I will check in on Monday and let you know how it went.

Moi

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

I'm doing the same thing.. camping on a diet BLAH! It's funny to plan a camp out with friends when you are on a diet. We were making the list with them yesterday and i kept saying "how do you feel about cooking that with TURKEY??" LOL!! It should be entertaining to say the least. Enjoy your weekend being a lush. It's only fair that once in a blue moon we treat ourselves to some empty calories with great friends!

Melissa said...

It is good that you are going to sit down and plan some stuff for the weekend. It's all about planning!

I don't say this next part to be rude, but just go from what I learned in my weight loss journey. There is always going to be "something" that will challenge us whether it be a weekend with friends...birthday parties....families dinners...etc. If you are serious about weight, you stick to your goals. You say"....I really don't want to waste this wonderful opportunity to be a lush with a great friend as I have been doing good this week. Oh well..."

THEN DON'T! You don't have to do anything "just because" ya know? If you know you are going out with this good friend, PLAN ahead that you will only have water or ONE drink and stick to it.

Okay, I'll get off my high horse now! ;) I hope you don't take offense to what I said...that was not my goal at all.

Jewel said...

I do feel that you can get off the wagon as long as you are not doing it every day!

Tonight we went out for my son's 18th birthday. I have know this was coming so I have been "saving" my points for this! I had my crispy duck curry with cashews (Ohhh it was soooo good!!!) and fudgy brownie too!

But I have been really on program the rest of the week...and will get right back on.