Thursday, September 17, 2009

Great Day

I had a great day today but still have an immense craving for a Carmel Dipps bar.

Today I ate within my points limit (and I recorded everything, even the two measly almonds I ate for a stinken 0.5 of a point), stuck to my meal plan and ran/walked at lunch. My run at lunch was fabulous, I bet I doubled what I ran yesterday and other than being incredibly sweaty I felt great. One bad thing is that I am starting to run in super hot weather at mid-day. Oh well, when it cools off, it will only get better. I didn't eat my activity points, I am saving it to make up for my apple pie splurge on Monday.

I have likened my love a food to an addiction before. Like any good addict, it takes a while to get the crap out of my system. I am seriously craving bad food. I have been trying to justify eating just a bit of crap but am trying not to give in because I know I can't just have a bit. It is a very slippery slope with me and junk food. After detoxing (not an actual detox but more of a no junk detox), I am able to have just a bit but until that time, I am scared to start. This is why all I can think about is the Carmel Dipps bar. It is sugary crap covered in chocolate that I so want but am holding out on till I get over the hump. For the past two days I pick it up, look at it, think about opening and then put back. I don't even want to say, if I eat healthy for a week I can have it because I need to stop rewarding myself with food.

Oh well, wish me luck for tomorrow. I have a coworkers farewell lunch at a restaurant. I planned the whole thing so I have to go. This means that there will be a bad meal and no lunch run. I do have a plan to counteract this by going on a big walk with the daughter in her stroller after work should help. (We are planning for a two hour walk which should help.) Plus, I am not going to order whatever I want at lunch - I will keep it sensible.

I am off to go check on the other Biggest Loser bloggs. I am hoping everyone is doing well and is trying to make life changes and not just lose a few pounds.

Moi

1 comments:

Vicki said...

I am a total junk food addict too -- I am so impressed that you stopped yourself from eating that dipps bar after actually having it in your hand.