Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I Ran Today

Running for me is not that astonishing. I used to run a far bit. That being said, I have not run for a long time. I have been trying to get back into it but every time I plan to run, I always have an excuse not to (I don't want to wake up an hour early to do it, I don't want to run at lunch at get all sweaty, its too late and I am tired).

Today, I was suppose to walk at lunch with a coworker. Something came up on her end and I thought, oh well, I will just go out by myself. I changed out of my work clothes, slapped on my runners and put on my ipod and off I went. Me plan was to just walk but I spend the last 20 minutes before lunch reading some of the other Biggest Loser competition blogs. About half way through my walk I came upon a large women running. Now the women was at least 75 pounds heavier than me and was breathing pretty hard. I was inspired and started off in a jog. I didn't get very far the first time, but after a quick break, I started again. As soon as I got into a good rhythm, I remembered how much I love to run.

Being reminded of how good I feel exercising, I am going to set a new goal for myself. On top of trying to menu plan healthy alternatives, I am going to try for at least 30 minutes of physical activity a day. Please, feel free to ask what I am doing as sometimes shame does keep me motivated. :)

Bad thing about trying to clean up my eating habits this week is that I am going through bad food withdrawals right now. I keep trying to go eat bad things and then stop myself. I know this will pass in a week or so but the first couple of days is so hard. I did have a snack size kit kat today but other than gum it has been all healthy, homemade food for me. What got me through the day was my eggs and bacon meal I planned for supper. I love eggs and bacon and knew I could only have it if I didn't slip today. I did it and because I didn't have stupid crap, I even allowed myself one extra slice of bacon (yes real bacon, none of that imitation turkey shit).

All in all a good day. Yeah me!!

Moi

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

I gave up on real bacon a long time ago and now I love the imitation turkey shit!! ;o) Congrats on running. Isn't it fantastic to find a joy in exercising? I love holding people accountable and will be happy to ask you frequently if you've done your 30 minutes for the day!
Love that you are finding your mojo and kicking the bad food habit. You go girl!

Elise said...

Great job on the running! I love the natural high it gives...or I probably wouldn't keep doing it! Keep up the good work!