Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Trying to Cleanse

Like most people I have way too much shit in my life. Too much food, too much shopping (or too much spending), too much negativity in my life - just too much. I am working on getting the bad stuff out and replacing it with the good stuff.

I have begun the house cleanse. I am going through all my stuff and getting rid of the excess. About two months ago, I cleaned out my closet and got rid of all of my fat clothes. (I am hoping to do that again in a few months when my now cloths are hopefully way too big.) Now I am trying to do it with everything - a bit at a time. I am selling some thing (almost $300 worth so far) and giving away others (seven garbage bags since September 1). I am trying not to just throw it away just because I no longer want it. The more I clean and cleanse, the more empowered I feel and less I want to shop.

I did take a night off of my 30 minute a day challenge to clean my house. I have been cleansing so much lately I have let the cleaning slide. I know have a clean house and feel so much better. I am very anal that way!

Moi

3 comments:

Karilynn said...

I think it would be very good for you/therapeutic if you flew to Utah to clean my house. You can throw anything you want away.. I'm not attached! ;o)
I love how great it feels to have things organized physically and mentally. Congrats on cleansing and cleaning up your life. And soon.. you will be giving away more fat clothes! YAY YOU!!

Moi said...

Hahah, Don't tempt me Karilynn. I seriously want to start a decluttering business to help people get the junk out of their lives. I think it would be so much fun!! (Yes I am sick like tha.) To help people become better organized would be uplifting.

Vicki said...

Have you ever watched the show on A&E called Hoarders? There are lots of people that could use you -
I can't wait to throw away some fat clothes myself :)