Monday, September 14, 2009

The Week is Planned

I am a planner. No I didn't plan to be fat but I can honestly say I am fat cause I didn't have a plan not to be. When I don't plan, I over eat and under exercise. I won't lie, if I could be skinny by sitting on the couch, watching bad tv and eating poutine I would be waif thin. Unfortunately, when I do that, my ass gets bigger. To counteract the growing, I have a plan for spread.

I have menu planned for the week. It is an easy and actually not that expensive menu that uses up a lot of stuff I already have. I find when I am all planned out, it is much easier to stay on track and even plan where to use your bonus points. Plus, everything is already entered into my ww online tool so I know what my snacking potential for everyday. I have between 5 to 10 snacking points (yes 10) to random eat.

I really try not to go into my 'weekly points' but if I find something that is truly delectable that is a limited time offer, I will dip in. I will plan for chocolate (I use activity points to counter balance my chocolate addiction) but if I have a plan, I won't use my precious points on a kitkat. With all of my careful planning, I made the informed decision to dip into my extra points and I did it for the the most decadent pie I have ever eaten. No regrets. It was homemade apple pie with apples that were grown in a backyard. It was picture perfect and the smell was almost too good to eat it - almost but not quite. It was 10 points of heaven. Because of it, I worked out tonight and hope to get my ass in gear tomorrow to hope on the treadmill.

My week is off to a great start, it better keep going, as all my pants are getting tight and if I don't start losing soon, I don't know what I will do.

Moi

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

I love that you have a plan. I've always wanted to get one of those but... oy... I'd rather run 10 miles than plan what I eat! LOL!
One thing you mentioned was the cost of the plan! Isn't it funny that we hear all the time that eating heatlhy is crazy expensive, but usually the gals who are saying it spend hundreds of dollars a week on fast food? GO FIGURE!!

Christen Farmer said...

love the planning idea.. that's a great way to keep up with what you r going to eat, and like you said, you already know, so there's no guesstimating or overeating during the week.