Wednesday, September 30, 2009

At Least I am Not 176.5

Okay so I am not proud of my October 1st weigh in weight. It is totally my fault. I started out strong and then slipped, got back on track and then slipped again. Slept in instead of getting up and exercising, sat on my ass after MJ went to bed instead of getting a move on. Although I have been in the Biggest Loser 2009 weight loss challenge for 30 days I have only been trying for 17 days max. Due to all of this my new weight is 173.




I have come to a realization, yes I am a very slow learner, weight loss is not a zero sum game. If you fuck up one day, do not leave the bad stuff behind you and just start anew. You work your ass off the next day to make up for the mistakes you have made. If you want to eat bad, or just slip up - get off your ass and exercise, make it up to yourself.


I had a bad day yesterday and to make myself better I ate two mini-chocolate bars and a box of smarties. I was pissed that I made the mistake so I got up this morning for my 30 minutes on the treadmill and then went for a 45 minute walk at lunch today. From this point forward, I am going to either earn or make up for my mistakes.


What really makes me bad about my weigh in is that when I weighed myself on Monday (as my ww regime) I was 171.5. Now I realize that weight is easy to fluctuate but I really wish I was posting a lower weight picture. But I am not, so I will own this weight in a hope of not having to own it for much longer. I am trying to plan a hot holiday for January and I figured out on my walk today that is 14 weeks away - enough time to loose at least 24 pounds and put me below the 150 mark. Yes I have to go through Thanksgiving and Christmas but if I want to feel good about myself on the beach, that is what I need to do.




3 comments:

Christen Farmer said...

Yes, this is a new month and we can start with a clean slate. Lord knows i need to. Good luck and best wishes.

Lorie said...

Yes you can always start over a new lifestyle takes time to get used to!

Ellura said...

Hey, I like the idea of more exercise if you had a bad day. Good luck - hope this month is a more scale-friendly month!