Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Day that Sucked - Well Semi-Sucked

My day sucked. It wasn't horrible end in tears kind of day but I am glad it is over. My whole big plan to go in, get my report done, and go home early went to shit. I did get my report done by noon, but by that time MJ is having nap time at daycare. I figured, why pick her up while she is sleeping, right??

Since I wasn't swamped busy at work I figured I would take a actual lunch hour and go and get all signed up for my gym membership (I signed up over the phone as I was four hours away at my parents but wanted to get in on the deal). I just wanted to confirm the childcare when the membership coordinator guy looked at me with a lost look in his eyes - there is no childcare at this location at the present time. The gym in the north end of the city has childcare but that is a 20 to 30 minute drive. Sorry no sale. They did refund my sign up fee with no hassle. This does however leave me with no gym. I guess I will have to get motivated by myself. I have gained this week so I better start soon.

Daycare called at 3:00 pm letting me know MJ's temp was about 101.5. I gave them permission to give her Tylenol and told them I would pick her up early. Due to the mass confusion of the work day I left a whole 10 minutes early. One of my bosses kept asking for things and it didn't feel right leaving (to his credit I didn't tell him I had a sick kid, he had way bigger problems today). Not like it really mattered, when I picked up MJ she was fine, running and playing with the best of them. Regardless, I felt like a poppy mommy, I know I am not but trying to leave work and knowing I couldn't I sure felt like it.

So on top of all of this, one of the ladies I worked with kept telling me how bad I looked cause I looked so tired. Wow, there is kindness for you. Some people need to be kicked in the shins - hard!! When has it become acceptable to tell someone they look like shit? Okay, I do look tired today but that is so beyond the point.

On that note, I am off to bed. Hopefully I will be up running at some ungodly early hour. I do love my life, I really do, just not at this very moment. I will again tomorrow.

Moi

3 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Well, you look tired and I look pregnant. And other women are dumb and unkind.

For the record - I think you're absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hey chicky - I think you look gorgeous too!

You know, single parenting - well, any parenting, is a total guilt-filled challenge. If you're at work you feel you should be at home, if you're at home you feel you should be earning extra money, etc., etc. Basically, for anything we do, we so often feel we should be doing the opposite. The best you can do is just keep loving your daughter - in the end, that's what's going to matter to her. At it's only her that matters - not the opinions of others. Oh and for the record - sometimes (a lot of times) you'll be tired - so you'll probably look tired. People are insensitive and thoughtless - shake it off and forgive them (because they're not likely to change). To those that know and love you - your beauty will shine through the circles under your eyes - in fact, that motherly exhaustion is beautiful all on its own.

Frieda

Moi said...

Thanks ladies. You are fantastic. I feel better today which means my outlook is sunnier, but after reading your comments I am beaming!!