Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Me Thinks Me Multitask too Much But it is so Funny When I Do

I am positive I am not the only person who cannot find enough hours in a day. Well there are enough hours but then your throw in that pesky sleep thing and bomb - a third of your life is down the tubes. So like many people I tend to do more than one thing at a time, currently I am watching TV, blogging and waiting for my sister to call me back.


One of the best times I find for multitasking is MJ's bath time. I know I can't leave her alone but it is not like I have to sit and hold her head above water. I use this time to do such mundane tasks as putting away laundry (I am never more than 10 feet from her and she is a talker in the tub and if she is talking she is not drowning), cleaning the bathroom, plucking my eyebrows (I would look like Erin from Sesame Street if it wasn't for bath time), or other various activities.


Since I stopped smoking, I decided it was time to time to whiten my teeth. I have a professional whitening kit from the dentist last year and still have tonnes of the bleaching solution left. I figured what better time to whiten my teeth than when my child is in the bathtub. Since I has time on my hand I thought I should clean out my medicine cups. Since MJ has been sick lately, I have a lot of sticky medicine cups/measuring containers. My bathroom and medicine is upstairs and my kitchen is downstairs so most of the time the containers end up next to the bathroom sink. The longer you leave children's Tylenol in those little cups, the harder they are to clean.

I figure why waste water when I could just let the cups soak in the tub with MJ. She asked, "What you doooing Mama?" I started to answer that mommy was cleaning up when she just laughed and asked "why you talk funny?" The I realized that talking with the whitening trays made me talking with a big lisp. The she asked "You talk funny cause you do dishes?" What could I do but laugh, give those luscious cheeks a kiss and agree.

The whitening trays made story time a little difficult (totally didn't think that the trays have to be in for 1/2 an hour). But what is a mommy to do. I can either to all those things exclusive of MJ of do those things while she around and love her reaction to what I am doing. I love her explanations of everyday things I do - I especially love how when I go to bathroom with her she tells me make sure to wipe my gargina (she calls hers a vagina but I for some reason have a gargina).

I do slow down and just enjoy my daughter. I couldn't imagine life without being able to watch a sweet little angle as she falls asleep while I sing to her. That being said, I sometimes can't just sit still, plus multitasking is so much more humorous.

Moi

0 comments: