Monday, March 16, 2009

So Much to Say

I have been so busy this last week I am not sure what to say...

Work is going fabulous, I really love my job. It is such a busy week too, at a busy time a year. So as Murphy's law would have it, my little pumpkin is sick. I think she has the flu. She has been going to sleep at 6:30 pm for the past two nights. She has the shakes and is very listless. The best part is when I checked on her last night she has vomited allover her self and her bed. I actually had to shower her cause of all the vomit in her hair. I took her to daycare today cause she was so not sick. When I picked her up she was lying on the couch saying how 'icky' she felt. She has about 5 grapes for supper and a sip of juice. I really wish I could stay home tomorrow with her but I have just gotten an assignment from my boss as a test to see if I can handle the work (if I can prove myself, I can get a promotion and a big raise).

I am torn. A good mommy takes care of her child. But does that mean staying home with her when she has the flu or being a good provider. I am hoping it is a mix of both. So my plan is to go into work, finish the report and then take off early if I can to spend some time with her. Crap, being a parent is not easy is it.

So I have been looking for an exercise class to take to get my ass in shape. Nothing seems to work in with my schedule or the class is expensive and I can't justify the class on top of the child care I would have to pay for. So there is a new gym opening up in my area (kind of, it is close) and they were running a super good deal for $7 a week. Awesome except for there is a $300 sign up fee and a two year contract. I signed up anyway. I figured it out and considering everything, if I go three times a week, that is only $3.50 a visit and exercise classes and childcare is included. I can't beat that price so I went with it. I have two weeks to cancel if I choose so I am still thinking it over.

Gotta run, trying to finish my report at home, the parts I can.

Moi

1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Poor MJ! That is no fun at all.

Being a mom is tough business, especially when you also need to provide. I think you're right, you just juggle and balance and pray that it all comes out okay. You are doing a fantastic job!

And a gym where childcare is INCLUDED?! Very good deal indeed!