Thursday, May 28, 2009

Where Have All the Good Men Gone

So I have been trying lately to put myself out there in the dating world. It is hard but I am trying. I even told a group of ladies from work they are free to set me up with anyone they think would be good for me (I guaranteed one date, no more no less). The ladies seemed very excited with the prospect but as that was only a couple of days ago, no new leads yet.

I have been dabbling in the online thing again out of a lack of any other options. I met a really nice guy - really nice. He is respectful (in law enforcement), patience, good conversationalist, kind and good looking. He was previously married but ended the marriage almost a year ago due to a cheating wife (and they are still friends). We went out for drinks and had a great time. He said he would call but when he did I was having lunch with my daughter so when I called him back a couple of days later he said he was glad I called. We had a great chat (an hour and a half) and he admitted that he didn't think I was going to call him back but really wanted to pursue a second date. We ended the call with him saying he will definitely call me in a few days.

That was over a week ago. I debated what to do. This guy is nice and has told me he likes me too so without trying to appear desperate (I am not desperate yet) I called him. He was not home so I left a brief message to call me. Now I am confused. I have a sinking feeling that there will be no call back and there will be no second date. So why fake interest??

Dating seems really hard. I know this line sounds old but all the good ones seem to be taken - well the good ones who are my age at least. I am trying to be open to possibilities, I truly am. I am not even that frustrated yet as I haven't really been in the dating market whole hearted for very long.

Well tomorrow is another day. If he doesn't call, he doesn't call. There are bigger problems in the world than that.

Moi

0 comments: