Saturday, May 23, 2009

Kids Say the Darnedest Things and Mommy Plan to Eat the Strangest

My beautiful daughter and I were eating lunch today and she dropped a piece of apple onto the floor. She looked at me, cocked her pigtailed head and said, "Oh shit."

Yes it is bad when your child swears but it is also a little funny. I explained to her that was a word only mommy's used and maybe she should try to find one more suited to little ladies like dang or oh no. She looked me square in the eyes and said, "Shit sounds better."

Lesson learned, no more potty mouth. Words for mommy don't fly in my house apparently. Lesson learned.

Since summer is upon us, I am endeavoring to jump start my weight loss, not only for the fact to look good on the beach but also to help control the eating out spending. A friend of mine goes to a trainer who has her on a food detox program to ride her body of all the sugar, salt and processed crap (notice I didn't say shit) that our body craves. The first week of the cleanse apparently sucks cause you want all the bad stuff but if you stick to it, it gets much easier.

You essentially eat the same thing every day. Every two to three weeks you get a new menu that adds in new foods. Here is my menu:

Meal 1:
3/4 cup egg whites
1 cup oatmeal

Meal 2:
Protein shake
1 apple

Meal 3:
3 oz chicken breast
1 cup rice
1/3 cup salsa

Meal 4:
Protein shake
2 rice cakes

Meal 5:
3 oz lean meat (chicken, tuna, buffalo, turkey)
1 cup carrots

Meal 6:
1 cup low sodium cottage cheese
1/2 cup cucumbers

You also need to drink between 3 to 4 liters of water a day.

I began today and it isn't all bad. I did not have my meal two at all and was totally stuffed after breakfast and lunch. There is more than enough food to keep a person going. The food combination seem a little strange but what can I do. I need to loose weight.

Wish me luck - again.

Moi

0 comments: