Friday, May 1, 2009

Spring into Renovations

Me, like most people, purchase a home we can afford, not necessarily one that we are 100% in love with. One that will suit are needs and has potential. So when I purchased my home last September, I bought one that had enough bedrooms to accommodate visitors, a fences yard for MJ and a dishwasher. I also bought one that is in a desperate need of a makeover.


My home is not bad but I want to redo everything!!! I want new windows, doors, paint, flooring, counter tops, vanity and light fixtures. I have come to the realization that this is going to have to be done in stages. Now I am going to save the big projects (like flooring and replacement of the garden doors) for when my father can come help me, but I really want to start somewhere. If I don't start somewhere, I am never going to get anything done.


After much thought, I am going to redo my main floor 1/2 bath. Even with that, I am going to have to wait for my father to finish the flooring (as it will extend from my new kitchen flooring) and new baseboards and moldings. My father is coming at the end of June so I think I can live without baseboards in one bathroom for that time.

I am going to shopping tomorrow. I need to pick up some putty and sandpaper to prime the walls. There is going to be some work to do as I need to take out a sunk in medicine cabinet and patch a huge hole in the drywall but I know I can do this. If not, I can do this, if not I can always call Mike Holmes right?

Moi

0 comments: