Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Surprisingly Good Weekend

That is how my weekend so far can be summed up as relaxing and great. Now why is this surprising you may ask. Well first, I haven't had a relaxing weekend where I haven't had some kind of commitment in what seems like forever and the second reason it is surprising is cause the ex was here for most of the time.

I asked the ex in desperation to come and take care of our sick daughter and he agreed as he did not have to work. He came up Wednesday night and left yesterday night and we did not fight once. Not one disagreement, not one snide comment, if I didn't know better I would go as far to say that we acted like adults (I am writing this in a state of shock). He even let me sleep in on Saturday morning!!!!

The best thing about having a great weekend is how I feel about it at the end of it all... just happy. I have no longing, no wondering, no desire. I am happy that I could spend the weekend as friends with my ex and our daughter and not think of how wonderful it would be if we were a family all the time. There is no way that this would be a regular occurrence if the ex and I were together all the time but I am certain that this could happen again if we continue to be friends. We did talk about stopping the dinkish behaviour towards one another and for now we are in agreement that being friendly is preferred over being assholes.

The cherry on top is that MJ is finally feeling better. No more temperature or vomiting. Hoping for a stress free week as next weekend I am driving back to my parents house to hold a birthday party for Miss MJ. Travelling is rarely stress free with a two year old.

Moi

1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Not at all related to your post, but I have tossed a snowball at your head. :) You're it! (Play along if you wish. Or not.)

http://titus2345.blogspot.com/2008/12/duck-theres-snowball-coming-your-way.html