Friday, June 11, 2010

Starting to Listen to the Universe

Do you ever get the feeling that the universe is trying to tell you something but you are just to stupid to shut up and listen?  In the past two days I have been sucker punched in the face by the message, the universe has not been subtle.

I have had monstrous knots in my neck and shoulder the past couple of weeks.  Pain that makes you cringe and wakes you up at night.  Well since I have health coverage through work and my doctor was nice enough to write a prescription for a massage on my last visit I though it would be stupid not to take advantage of a health care benefit I pay for.  I booked into a masseuse recommended by a friend and got in the same week (apparently not something that happens often because this masseur is so popular). 

So I got to my appointment and was looking at the price increase sign and saw that my masseur was also a life coach.  I had mixed feeling about this but felt, screw it, I am in the appointment now and its not like my neck could get that much worse with a massage.  (I am not sure if I believe in the whole life coach thing but have not looked into it that much to make an educated decision.)  We started the appointment with a q&a session about what was bothering me and my circumstances (diet, stress, etc).  She asked if I was okay with some reiki and pressure point massage, I said I didn't care (and honestly didn't as long as I felt better).  So I stripped down and got on the massage table. 

The massage was amazing.  She talked to me during the massage (not chatty, how is your day talk but asked life questions).  I am still contemplating some of what she said and am not willing to share all right now but I can say it worked.  She was awesome, I cried on the table.  She made the lump of muscle in my shoulder relax and I felt a zillion times better when I left.

She mentioned that I should try a liver cleanse.  I though meh, maybe, maybe not.  Later that same day I went to a fundraiser for my daughters daycare entered a draw for health food store gift certificate thinking that if I won, I would go purchase a liver cleanse.  Guess what?  I won!!!  (And I won like 6 prizes, totally cool.)

Today for lunch, I thought I would splurge and order Vietnamese food with everyone else in my office even though I packed a healthy salad.  Guess what?  They restaurant screwed up the order and while I was at Pilates, my office mates ate my delicious Pad Woon Sen noodles and deep fried spring roles (my plan was to eat it for lunch and supper.)   Instead I ate my super yummy salad which chicken breast and tonnes of vegetables. 

I have a need to make some changes in my life.  Changes for the better.  Changes to make me better.  Time to listen to the universe.  I need to learn that sometimes its better to breath and enjoy than hold your breath and wait for the other shoe to drop.

0 comments: