Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Calling All Competitors

There is a new weight loss competition starting on July 1, 2010 for all those interested.  Do you need that little extra kick in the a%s to get motivated?  Looking for support?  Just tired of doing it alone?  Come on and join. 

There are some reasonable rules to follow.  Make sure you are in agreement before you sign up.  If you have any questions, just email Karilynn at kariscomp@yahoo.com

Come and check it out, would love to have you...



The top four weight loss competitors last competition lost over 150 pounds total.  That was divided up between four people. 

What's your excuse for not joining?


My Goals??

What do I want to accomplish.   A sustainable weight loss.  I would love to go in and totally blow everyone out of the water but realistically I want to feel better about myself for the long term.  That is why I am setting a realistic goal.  It is a eighteen week competition and a healthy weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week.  I am hoping to average out at a 1.5 pound a week loss.  That would be 27 pounds. 

Not my absolute total goal weight but an achievable one. 

I wouldn't have won the last competition with that loss but I should would feel better about being in my bathing suit this summer.  It is way easier to focus on small gains instead of a large amount. 

Come on everyone, keep me accountable.  Keep looking at my tracker at the bottom of my blog.

Oh, and one sad note, my Nike mini-me is going to a semi-retirement.  I am finding I am not using it enough on my actual runs to keep track.  So instead I am thinking of switching to my Garmin 305 for tracking purposes.  Probably a better bet anyway. 

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

Weight loss competitions of any sort tend to bring out the crazy in me so i won't join but GOOD LUCK to you! I think your goal is a totally reasonable one. 27 lbs down would feel amazing!

jewel@fit-and-fabulous-jewel said...

I didn't make this one! But I will be following you guys...good luck!!!!