Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hello my name is Moi and I'm a Procrastinator

The past five days have been so off for me.  I totally forgot to weigh in for the final of the competition (congrats to all who made it through and our wonderful winners).  I didn't go to hot yoga (the regular instructor wasn't going to be there and her replacement is a little to new age hippy for me).  I have also been over eating by like 200 calories a day (but I have been diarizing everything I eat without cheating so I guess that counts for something). 

So I was also suppose to start my training for my half marathon this week.  The team I am going to San Francisco with provides us with a training schedule.  Since I don't know anyone in my area yet, I am training on my own.  I have been doing badly. 

Today, I stopped the crap and am heading in the correct direction. 

I went for a run at lunch today.  I was going to just go for a walk but then my ipod was all screwy and wouldn't play any music so I decided to run to make the trip faster.  It was weird running without music or a running mate.  Running without distraction was a different experience but one I think I will try again.  I kind of liked being able to hear the outside noise and other people. I thought I would lose motivation without something to keep me going but quite the opposite was true, I actually think I did better without it.  (although I am not sure as I didn't have my garmin watch with me and no Nike plus either).

Here is hoping my motivation lasts the week. 

2 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

It's good you're getting a handle on things after five days. If you didn't the next thing you know a month will have passed. Oh wait, that's me! :P

Keep up the good work!

Ellura said...

Glad to see you are still working on things. I had such a bad couple of months I didn't think it was worth weighin in. I am attempting to take back a little control of my life!!!!! Good luck with your training for your matathon.