Saturday, November 21, 2009

Things that Aggravate Me

Okay, I will never admit to being a level headed person who lets things roll off of her back. This is why having a blog helps me, I am able to say to no one in particular (sorry my readers, I know you are someone special and I love that you would take time out of your day to read my ramblings, thank you, please don't stop) things I probably shouldn't say to anyone specifically. This rant is not directed at anyone in particularly, and some of the rant is because I read so many blogs and people say things that get under my skin.

1. Listen skinny bitch, do not make the pewy face when I say I run. Don't ask that if I mean I walk. I run. Not really well and not very fast but I do it. Don't diminish what I do cause I am not a size 2. You give me that face again and I will sit on you and do some damage.

2. When someone lends you money, pay up. Currently, no word of a lie, various individuals owe me a combined $200ish. Yes that is right and that is not including the $600 plane fair that I will be reimbursed through work for a trip that I am not even taking. Anytime people need something, I will always help out when I can. If I cover lunch, don't say I will pay you back and then forget. It makes me feel like a douche bag asking for money.

3. When your significant other leaves the house for more than a day that does not make you a single parent. Do not diminish what I do. The other parent will be returning in the near future and you can see an end in sight. I go approximately one to two months in between visits from any family I have including my baby's daddy. I don't get to go out again in a week with my friends. I understand its hard (trust me) to be alone with your child but suck it up.

4. If I send you a email asking something specific fucking reply. Don't be a douche and just ignore it. If you complain that none of your friends are supportive and I try to be supportive don't give me the cold shoulder. I cannot believe how much this happens.

5. Don't tell me that you have no time to exercise and in the same breath tell me you have to catch up on your favorite show. Guess what, if you have time to watch the biggest loser (2 hours) you have time to do a few jumping jacks when you do it.

Phew, that feels better. Feel free to tell me about things that aggravate you, I would love to hear it.

4 comments:

jewel said...

I hope you feel better....geez...you have some nerve expecting people to be reasonable, responsible, and to think! (okay....I have some similar expectations, many times to no avail).

I am sending good thoughts and blessings your way...hope it helps.

And since you offered some ranting space....

why can't tech support ever be a "call and get results" deal. Why does my email have to fail twice this month and they try to blame it on my computer..when it is their system, again.

Why do I have to waste hours of my precious evening on hold, dealing with those same kinds of people who you are probably ranting about in your post...when I would rather be blogging or relaxing and spending 15 minutes in bed reading or watching tv (where I will promptly fall asleep because I am tired). Why can't things just work they way they are supposed to!

Okay...I am done and am going to bed now!

Karilynn said...

LOL!! Umm.. ditto. I'm so sorry there are so many viral people in your life. Get rid of them.. they just suck air that you could be breathing.
I so get irritated by people who ask me how I've lost weight and then tell me they don't have time to do it. I'm like.. why the hell are you even asking me if you really don't care? Then I realize they are hoping I bought some pill or something, or got my stomach stapled so they can either a) run to the store and pick up 80 lbs of weight loss or b) schedule and appointment with my amazing surgeon or c) remind themselves that it really is IMPOSSIBLE to do it. No one wants to hear that it's hard work. SERIOUSLY!!!!
Luckily I'm poor and don't loan out money.
Also... I believe that even running at 4 MPH is RUNNING!! I have decided it's totally about the form... and not about the speed. Screw skinny girls who think they are better than others because they "think" they run faster. I LOVE YOU!! I love your honesty... and I LOVED THIS RANT!! MUAH!

OldGoogleAccount said...

haha! I love the one abut the Single Parenting because hubs has gone to the corner store for a pack of gum. That one always kills me too.

I have to tell you, Sunday was more productive than Saturday. Well, it kind of had to be. If I was any less productive, I'd have to be recategorized as vegetation. It wouldn't be "Tamara, have you eaten your veggies today?" it would be "Tamara, have you turned into a giant turnip today?" LOL!

You're a world class ranter by the way! Well done! :)

Ellura said...

It's always great to hear from someone who says the things you always wanted to say. :) But about that running - keep it up. Running and walking are NOT the same - and I know cause I walk! Although when no one is looking I will run a little. I think I may run slower than I walk.

And the single parent thing - I have tons of respect for you. I did it for awhile but I lived close to fammily and had more support than most.

Anyway, I just wanted to say, keep it up. Your expectations are reasonable and I like that you don't back down or give up. Plus you are fun!