Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kick Ass Day

Okay so today rocked!!!

When I walked up to my work building today I was greeted by the most beautiful sunrise. It was one of those pretty pink ones that make you smile. It was a perfect brisk fall morning. I went to work on a Tuesday knowing that I have tomorrow off. It is Remembrance Day in Canada so no work for me!! Knowing you get a free day off in the middle of the week is always great.

Then I got a free pair of glass (okay so I had to pay shipping and taxes so they cost a grand total of $10.39) and they are Gucci. I am super pumped. I also ordered a pair of Hugo Boss sunglasses for $42 (I had to pay for shipping and tinting).


Gucci Glasses Hugo Boss

There was this super great deal that http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/ gave away 500 pairs of glasses where I live so I got a pair shipped to my house and to work. I also bought a pair of my little sis cause that's how I roll (sorry that is me trying to be cool).
After that I had my boss tell me my raise is going through (a minimal raise but a raise none the less). The good thing is that it is retroactive so I get three months worth of increments on one paycheck!!! AND right before Christmas. Can I her a whoop, whoop.
I ended off my day with an outdoor run. I knew it was going to one of the last nice fall days we are going to have so I didn't take a lunch so that I could take off an hour early and run. It was FABULOUS!!!! I took two (yes not three) very small walking breaks and felt wonderful. I kept thinking, I can do more than I think I can and pushed myself. I actually think I psyched myself into the second walking break but that's okay - I have something to work towards.
Then I got home and had a great supper (split pea soup and garlic cheese toast) and my daughter was so much fun. She ate her supper without a fight and we played and played before bath time and then she went to bed like an angle.
I am hoping tomorrow will kick ass too. If not, I know that this day will repeat itself. Well not this exact day but great days can happen. I hope everyone else had a kick ass day too!!!

0 comments: