Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Home Again Home Again

Due to the fact that my daughter has 'flu like symptoms' (read snotty nose and a cough) she is not allowed to back to daycare until she is symptom free for 48 hours. Eff, that means I can't go back to work till June. Really no runny nose, who has ever met a toddler without snot running out of their nose?

Oh well. Not much I can do about it so I am trying to make the best of it. I am now on day two and have to admit that I am liking this stay at home mom thing. The first morning was hard but now I like it. I will probably go back to work tomorrow (depending on my daughters health) but am not looking forward to it (well I am looking forward to work but not looking forward to not being at home if that makes sense).

I am taking full advantage of my time at home. I went for a run on the treadmill yesterday afternoon (yes that means not getting up at 5 am) and it was awesome. Yesterday and hopefully today, I get some work done during nap time and then use the rest of the time for my workout. Unfortunately, tomorrow will start at 5 am but that is okay, I said it before and I will say it again, I am going to kick November's ass and I can't do it laying in bed.

I love that I am able to actually cook when I am home, tonight we are having split pea and ham soup with cheddar biscuits. Total points you ask? 5!!! For the soup and biscuit (so the biscuits are tiny but who cares that kicks ass). Okay so I normally cook but I cook four meals on the weekend and spend the rest of the week microwaving my supper and lunch. Food tastes way better cooked fresh.

Off now, need to get some work done so I can get my ass on the treadmill before my monster wakes up.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

The phrase "snot nosed kids" exists for a reason. Most little kids seem to have an eternal runny nose. I feel your pain.

Ellura said...

Well, maybe your loss wasn't as much as you wanted last month but it was still a loss! Congrats. It looks like you have found the upside to staying home for a few days. Enjoy your home cooking and the sleeping in! And yes, I gotta agree, most kids are snot-nosed. I guess the swine flu scare is stil in full swing. :) Hope your life is back to normal soon.

Vicki said...

Here is too making November the Rockin' month.