Monday, February 15, 2010

I Love Long Weekends and My Mom

My mom came down for a visit this long weekend. It has been a while since she has been to my house for a visit even though with all the funerals in my family I have seen her a lot lately. Regardless, with the commotion of funerals, I haven't had a good visit with her. She came down on Friday and left today after lunch - it was a great time.

We went shopping (tonnes of shopping), cooked a turkey, made soup, watched movies, took my daughter to the museum and caught up on random gossip. Even though I didn't get any exercise in (unless you count shopping and really this weekend I probably could) but that is fine with me. I would rather spend a quality weekend with my mom that included sleeping in all three days.

Tomorrow is back to 5 am exercising. I am also planning on doing some menu planning tonight. I have a house full of food (honestly, I don't remember having my freezer and cupboards this full ever) so my options are wide open.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

Doreen Hall said...

Yeah thats really right. Every one love to have a long weekends so that they can spend with their families and mothers prepare something special to enjoy.

Karilynn said...

YAY!! Glad you got to spend time with your mom AND that you are doing your 5 am workouts. I was up at 5 this morning as well.. and off to spinn class! So excited to hear you are getting back into your groove!