Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Want a F&%king Smoke and I Want it NOW!!!

Okay so today is my first smoke free day. I am not a huge smoker to begin with (maybe 3 to 5 a day) which was even more reason to quit. I have quit before and do not want to be a smoker. Regardless of what my mind wants, my body wants a smoke right now. Quitting smoking is hard but I would like to proudly say that I didn't go off the deep end snaking today like I usually do when I quit.

I just want to run to the store buy a pack of smokes and have a wonderfully delicious (and disgusting) drag off of it. I actually mean run to the store - not bothering with the vehicle. Plus if I run I can walk back and smoke on the way (I could probably have like three smokes in that time). I want to but I won't. I will not subject my body to all that wonderfully awful crap anymore.

One bad thing about not smoking is that I was a tad bitchier than usual today. Thankfully my child is not here to endure my bitchiness (something I thought of before) but there were a couple of people at work who got it. Oh well, I will apologize tomorrow (or maybe next week) and blame it on the quitting as everyone lets a lot of stuff slide when people quit. I have taken the smokers dependency test on smokefree.gov and have a low dependence on cigarettes so hopefully the bitchiness will stop soon.

Let me know if anyone has any tips or tricks for quitting smoking.

Moi

**UPDATE - I have talked myself out of going to get more smoke. It has been 22 hours why would I screw that up know. I can do this I know I can!!

2 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

You go girl! You can totally do this! Yahoo!!!!

anymommy said...

You can do it! You totally can. So awesome for you to go for this!