Monday, February 9, 2009

I Am A Women With A Plan

I am not going to lie, it’s been a slow day at work. My boss actually laughs at me when I tell her I have nothing to do cause she says it’s my own fault for being so efficient. Regardless, unless I am in my pj’s I hate to waste the day away (I have tried, I am not allowed to wear my pj’s to work, but I can wear my awesome size 10, newly acquired for $6.97 Superstore dress pants!!) I decided to think of ways to help accelerate my weight loss and maybe work in quitting smoking at the same time.

I am a very goal focused person and find it hard to just do something, I need a purpose. This is why folding and putting away laundry is such a task for me, it is already clean and out of sight in the basement, why bother dragging it upstairs??

Then it came to me – running a half marathon, maybe. I thought, screw it, it is a goal I can work towards even if I have to put off the timeline. There is a half marathon that will not be that far away on May 24th, which is 15 weeks away, plenty of time to train. There is also one in the City I used to live in on May 17th, which is also doable. The training program I found is a 12 week program so I figure if I can complete that I would just re-do the last couple weeks of training and presto – run a half marathon. Now if I am fall behind on my training, there is a race in my city in September that I could always do and tonnes of 5 and 10K races in the summer to keep me motivated.

I am going to start training tonight. I am thought about doing a half marathon last year but got really sick and couldn’t run at all which hampered my training and I was nowhere near ready for it so I pussied out. This time I have a backup plan – or a backup race I should say – so that it won’t be that hard if I get sick again.

Also, I was thinking, if I can do the half in May, maybe, just maybe, I can pull of another half in September or maybe even a full. I am getting excited just thinking of all the possibilities. I don’t want to disappoint myself by not sticking to the program.

I am giving myself one more week of smoking and then next week, done like dinner. (Grandma is taking MJ next week so I figured try to quit smoking while I don’t have a toddler to annoy me is a good thing. Sidebar: I love my child more than life itself but come on. She has a weird knack for driving my up the wall!!) Plus with my angel gone I have more me time to get on track with the training. If I can’t do it without drugs, my drug plan kicks in as of April 1 and I will go back on champix which worked like a charm last time I quit smoking. See Plan A and Plan B – hard to mess up to plans.

I am not going to make a huge deal of this and I am not going to tell anyone until I am ready for the race. Well other than everyone who reads my blog but really even though I love the four people who do, its not like I am shouting it from the rooftops.

Moi

0 comments: