Monday, February 23, 2009

I Think I May be a Prude



Prude would never be a word that has been used to describe me. Now I would not say I am a slut but I am no stranger to sex (mind you that has been monogamous sex). I discuss sex with my girlfriends and rarely get embarrassed (some people share things that are shocking) usually have some tidbits to share myself.

I was talking to my new prospective date yesterday and became very uncomfortable with the conversation. (Keep in mind that our 'relationship' has not progressed passes the texting stage and we have not had a phone conversation yet or met face to face.) We were trading questions and answers back and forth when he asked me when the last time time I was with a guy. It was asked at the same time as another question so I just chose not to answer it hoping he would get the hint but then like five minutes later he asked about women losing their sex drive after having kids. I responded that after kids people just find themselves with less time and a lot more tired at the end of the day (I answered it rather vague and with no real personal info). He then says something like 'oh I guess you don't like sex anymore'. I let him know that that was personal information and that a relationship should be built out of the bedroom before jumping into it.

Am I that far out of touch that this should be acceptable discussion before even starting to date. Mind you I think the guy is taking our talking much more serious than I am as he has stopped all communications with all other girls where as I am not putting all my eggs in one basket (my eggs are pretty lonely but there is more than one). Still, I do not care when the last time anyone has had sex and unless it is an appropriate part of the conversation (ie they are bitching about how long it was since they had sex) I never ask.

This may seem a little funny coming from the girl who told the world wide web the last time she had sex but in my defence there is only like five people who read my blog so I think I am pretty safe there. But I am a girl who learns from her mistakes. I am not going to sleep with someone new (or old) until I know that I am going to be with this person a long time, hopefully the person I am going to marry. It is hard for me as I am not a virgin to 'save myself' but I really want to - I am special and should be treated as such. I guess I could be the 'everything but girl' but I really want my next time to be special, it will be the first person other than the ex I have been with since 2001.

I sometimes feel like I should sleep with someone just to get the ex out of my system but I am not that girl. Even if I was the only one who knew about it, I am not the random sex kind of person, never have been. I want a relationship more than I want a person I can have sex with. If worse comes to worse, and I had to chose, I chose companionship over hot sex (or really any sex). I can have sex with myself but talking to yourself all day just makes you look crazy!!

Prudishly yours,
Moi

PS I must apologize if you find the pic offensive. I captures my feelings of sex right now. I am a sexual being but a being that I have chosen to put away for a while.






0 comments: