Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Really?

For the past two days I have been sick. I have some horrible flu/cold thing. Worst part is that I have been still going to work so I have not been getting the rest I should be. (Work is crazy busy right now and one of the girls is on half time due to a car accident injury.)

This pisses me off cause I was great last week. I exercised four times for 6 hours of exercise. I ate pretty close to perfect, only eating 25 calories over my daily allotment once (and truth be told it was an extra helping of vegetables). Yesterday most of what I ate I vomited back up and today all I craved was salty food. I ate small amounts frequently today but unfortunately it wasn't the best food. But I did keep it down.

What I miss the most is the exercising. I love what exercising first thing in the morning does for my day. It is awesome. I figured if I can't walk down the stairs without getting nauseous, probably running on the treadmill would not be a good idea. Hopefully tomorrow it will get better. I actually planned a health, higher sodium day so that I won't be tempted by crap. Plus I get to make my wonderfully delicious, great for you slow cooker ham and split pea soup.

I have been keeping up with this weeks challenge of keeping a food journal, this week is easy as I do it anyway. I love using the Livestrong website to track my food. I like even better than Weight Watchers as I can see more than just points. I can see the sodium level, how much protein versus carbs I ate. It is wonderful. Yes it is a bit time consuming but I try to fit it into my evening ritual to track the next days calories. Plus, menu planning really help. I can enter my basic meals for the whole next week cause I always have an idea of what I am eating.

1 comments:

Karilynn said...

Love livestrong for it's tracking abilities! Sorry you are sick. Hopefully today you will be much better!