Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mixed Bag - Random thoughts from 6 am

Great News - in approximately 3 weeks I am going to be debt free!!! (with the exception of my mortgage) All of the crap (good and bad) I have bought when I couldn't afford it will actually belong to me 100%. I hate debt. Loath it. I hate paying for things long after they have been brought home and in some cases consumed. I put myself on a budget diet (well more of a lifestyle change) and it hurts and sucks but I am starting to see some money accumulate in my savings account and am about to open a TFSA (tax free savings account) as my emergency fund. Yay me!! (If anyone has any great money saving tips throw them my way, I can always use them.)

Good news - I got my ass out of bed this morning and worked out. It is only good news as after about 20 minutes my energy level died. I limped on to finish my workout. The great thing though, if I keep doing this, it will get easier.

Great news - someone actually commented yesterday on how I was looking slimmer.

Bad news - the scale hasn't moved in what seems like forever. It fluctuates throughout the day but no movement.

Good news - no upward movement on the scale.

Oh well, time to get my day started. Hope yours is a beautiful and productive day too!!!

5 comments:

Karilynn said...

Congrats on being practically debt free! That has got to feel fantastic. :) And kudos for getting up and getting your workout in. Keep it up girl!

Unknown said...

Awwww, Debt free (*sigh*) That would be nice. Congrats.

Ps. I love the random thoughts!!! I love to read your random thoughts, makes me feel so much better that there is someone else out there as random as myself.

E. Tyler Rowan said...

The fact that you said your scale fluctuates during the day tells me that you are weighing yourself WAY too much! Once per week, maximum. Otherwise getting healthy turns into an obsession with numbers. (Observations from a former number addict.) :)

Pitbull said...

Love your blog! You seem so bubbly and positive!!! That's great to see!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on becoming debt free!! I envy you!
20 minutes in the morning is a whole lot better than nothing at all. After doing those little work outs for a couple weeks it will become habit and you will WANT to get out of bed and do them! Don't get discouraged (easier said than done, I know) you will see results soon enough.
Keep up the good work!