Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Wise Man Once Said

Albert Einstein once said, "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

You would actually laugh at how many times that I hear this at work and the true meaning didn't really hit me till today. I have been home with a sick kid for three days and was creeping on facebook when I came across an old friends recent family photos. She looks awesome. She lost like 75 pounds a year ago and then put some of the weight back on. She has been working hard for about four months now to take it off. I was on the treadmill when it hit me, I could look like that too if I changed how I live my life.

No more little treats, no more missing workouts, no more excuses. This is it, I am determined not to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. The new thing I am going to do over and over is eat right and exercise and see what the results are. I am guessing I may see different results.

1 comments:

Spitfire said...

How true! Clarity is so wonderful. I know u will do this...so will I. We both will.