Thursday, May 27, 2010

Protein Pancakes

I made these pancakes last weekend. I looked at a bunch of recipes before altering some and finding a great concoction. They were great.
Plus you can doctor them up anyway you like. Next time I think I may add some flax seed. Alternatively you can add banana, pumpkin, etc. I know some will poo-poo my addition of butter but it only adds like 10 calories and makes them taste so good. Almost like regular white flour pancakes.


Protein Pancakes

1 cup oatmeal (not instant or quick cooking)
1 cup cottage cheese (I used 1%)
1 cup egg whites
2 tsp melted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp baking powder

Put all in a blender. Blend until smooth. Cook like regular pancakes.

Makes about 16 - 20 medium pancakes.

Serves 4

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 5 pancakes

Calories 167
Total Fat 3.88g
Sodium 301.57mg
Total Carbohydrate 18.6g
Dietary Fiber 2.93g
Sugars 2.28g
Protein 15.49g

0 comments: