Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's Groundhogs Day

Okay, it really isn't Groundhogs Day but my life sometimes feels like the same day over and over again. I do realize that there are some tasks that need to be repeated everyday, i.e. brushing of the teeth, doing dishes etc, but sometimes the daily grind wears on me. (Side thought, maybe using the term 'the daily grind' should be outlawed from my vocabulary.)

One part that is pissing me off about my repetitive life, I keep losing the same 10 pounds over and over again. Seriously! This is getting to the point of ridiculous. I clean up my eating habits, start moving, the weight comes off and then I slip back into old habits. And like Bill Murray, I will continue to repeat my mistakes until I get it right.

Someone please tell me how to stop this cycle of destruction. Okay, I know, I know, just don't slip. Keep on the healthy path. Don't let minor slips turn into full blow outs. Don't think a bit of success means you can 'indulge'. Success means what you are doing is working, keep it up.

Urg!!

I am back on the healthy track after a bad week. I have back my Eat Clean book and am in the process of a re-read. I went to hot yoga today and am going for a long run tomorrow (I don't care if it fricken snowing, I am in my shoes and running tomorrow). I have been pounding back the water and even broke out my vitamins. Tonight, I am going to do my May workout plan (yes for the whole month) and my menu plan for the week. The menu is going to be hard cause I am determined to cut the junk out of my diet so I can lose the junk in my trunk.

I am thinking though of posting more of my recipes and would like to hear from my readers if that is something they want. I have been creating and/or finding some great healthy recipes lately and am willing to share if that is what people want. Let me know.

Off to plan how to kick my own ass this next month. Wow that almost sound like fun. :)

1 comments:

OldGoogleAccount said...

Gaining and losing the same 10 lbs over and over again. Good lard, I know how that feels. We are in the same boat, aren't we??

I'd love to see recipes. I always bookmark blog posts with good recipes and have gotten some amazing recipes that have joined my regular rotation from blogs.

More on "the daily grind" in my post today. But in a good way, I promise!