Friday, October 23, 2009

Tough Week - But I am not Giving Up

This week was tough for me. I woke up every morning feeling sick - head ringing, nauseous, and just all around icky. I would drag my ass out of bed and force myself to get ready for work, taking some cold/sinus tablets and be on my semi-icky way. Even with the tablets I still was off all day but we are heading into a crazy busy time at work, one girl is on bereavement leave most of the week and the other girl was new (she started on Wednesday). I kinda had to be there.

So me being a dedicated employee lead to a week of feeling tired and sick. A week of not getting up early to run and a week of doing nothing one my daughter went to sleep. It was a tough week but I made it through it. I made it through it without making too many bad choices. I had a work supper last night but made the wonderful plate of Greek goodness last for two and a half meals (supper last night and supper tonight for me and my little one) and there was nothing deep fried on the plate.

I am going to bed early tonight. I need to. I feel myself entirely exhausted. That being said, tomorrow is going to be a good day. It is going to be beautiful fall weather and because of a birthday party, I get a chance for the second week in a row to run outside. Plus, I told my daughter we can decorate for Halloween so that will be exciting.

I am not letting me feeling like crap get in the way of my goal to be skinny. Fat people make excuses as to why it can't happen. I am just stating why its going to be a slow week. This weight may not fall off of me but I know that I am sticking with this journey and I will get to my destination. Preferably in a pair of size six pants!!

3 comments:

Ellura said...

Hey Moi, hang in there - being sick is bad enough but with work and kids in the mix too - well that is totally miserable! Glad to hear you didn't use that as an excuse. I really like your comment about how people are always looking for excuses - so true. I needed to hear that. Hope you are feeling better!

Karilynn said...

Hope you feel better soon. I spent the whole week sick as well and did NOT exercise Sunday-Friday!
Love that you aren't letting this change your goals... or using this setback as an excuse to give up! You are so going to be in those size 6 jeans! :o)

Mindy said...

"Fat people make excuses as to why it can't happen" AMEN SISTER!!! What an awesome realization. Glad to hear you're not doing that any more. Me either! I hope you're feeling better and that this week is better than the last.