Friday, October 9, 2009

Confession Time - Maybe I Share too Much

Since my revelation I have been eating SUPER well. My meals have been well planned out, my snacks have been healthy, I even went out for lunch one day and chose a wonderfully fabulous lunch that was packed full of nutritional goodness (vegan roasted red pepper bisque and a baked falafel whole wheat pita). Its Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend and I know that I will splurge a little (sorry, I just can’t turn down stuffing, I only eat it twice a year and enjoy it immensely both time) so I really tried to make sure I didn’t touch my bonus points for the week. With all of the healthy eating I have been a tad constipated. Not like, OMG, I need some benifiber stat, but just not feeling quite right. (I know you love it when I share.)

My fridge is a bit bare in anticipation of the weekend (I am going away) so choices were limited for super last night. When I asked my daughter what she wanted, she asked in her sweetest little voice ‘burger and fries please mama”. Rarely do I ever get drive thru but I just gave in. We went to McCrappy’s as it is on the way home and I gave in and ordered myself a cheese burger. Just the burger, not a meal. I knew that if my daughter had one and I didn’t, it would start a dangerous craving. I knew the points of everything and knew it would only take away one weekly bonus point. I felt kind of guilty but was okay with my decision.

I now know why I was so constipated. My diet was missing the grease. That lump of congealed meat like substance sat in my stomach like a glob all last night, reminding my why McCrappy’s is so bad for you. This morning, that not quite right feeling has gone away as I have visited the lieu five times. There has got to be a better way but I am happy with my 'crappy' choice right now!

5 comments:

rochelle said...

How fun to go home for Canadian Thanksgiving! I hope you enjoy your stuffing while you're there, and hope you get the chance to get out and run or play football...something to help work it off. :) Can't wait to hear how you do this weekend! Good luck.

Kirsten said...

Haha!! Maybe I shouldn't laugh about the McCrappy's burger and the grease and the loo!

I allow myself things too otherwise my cravings get out of control. But the healthier I eat, the less I crave the junk! Hopefully that's true for you too!

Alicia said...

I love reading your blog....you are so honest and true!! We all can relate to you.

Ellura said...

Hey, I was reading through your last few blog entries. You are very entertaining and not afraid to share it all. And very dedicated! awesome! Hey, are those your girls in the pic? they are adorable. Good luck this week with Thanksgiving!

Moi said...

Ellura you are fabulous!!! That is me and my little girl in the picture.