Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sometimes Life is Hard but Running Shoes Makes it Better

Sometimes life just comes up and kicks you in the nuts with no warning for no reason other than to do it. Today was that day for me. Nothing tragic or horrible happened but it was just one of those days that just sucked. Like most people, my life isn`t perfect and some days that is more apparent than others. Its mostly because I didn`t sleep well last night and that always throws my day off a bit.

I know there are many people agree with me that it is way easier to shovel greasy bad for you food in your mouth when you are having a bad day than going for a run. There is a reason it is called comfort food. I did succumb slightly to the bad food temptation, instead of making the fully loaded nachos that I really wanted to, I had a spoonful of nutella and a nut cluster thing. I figure my food choice are much better than the bottle of wine I felt like having. (I don`t drink alone, I don`t think there is anything wrong with it but I am scared if I start it will be become commonplace for me and I do not want that).

For a workout I cleaned my house and I mean every room except for one bathroom. I know you are suppose to take time for yourself when trying to lose weight but there is a point where you need to do something in a form of housework. I always feel better about myself with a clean house, although I am not always the most diligent house keeper.

On the bright side, my pants are fitting better this week than they did last week. Not as tight! My weight stayed the same but it is my TOM so that always throws the weight off a bit.

Tomorrow will be better. I know it will be. Early to bed, early to rise and get my ass on the treadmill. My day is always brighter when it starts off with running shoes!!!

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Hope your day is great today :)
I should take the early to bed thing more seriously -- I am sure getting enough sleep would help me be less grumpy too.
I love your attitude, and enjoy reading your posts.

Karilynn said...

Love this!! Seriously Moi, reading your blog from the beginning of this comp is so fun! You are growing so much in selfcontrol! LOVE IT!! And I totally get the house cleaning thing. I think it's a great workout! Keeps you up and moving and you feel awesome when you can look back and see what you've accomplished... (until the kids get home and you can't remember what you've done all day because the place is trashed!)

Jewel said...

Yay for not tight pants!

And you did great. Cleaning is a perfect antidote for stress.

I also think you did great with the Nutella...I don't know if I could have had the self-control to stop at one spoonful!

Kelli said...

Your so right,whenever I do something that involves moving my body (like yesterday for example, I spent 55 minutes on the stationary bike in my living room.) I felt so much better and less tired when I was finished. My motivation, I popped on my favorite funny lady and didn't get off the bike until the show was over. I laughed and I got my exercise. Your attitude about things makes me very happy and makes me want to do better for myself. I really hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Sarah said...

I enjoy reading your posts and understand the grumpy part. If I dont sleep I am NOT nice. Keep working hard and doing what you can.

Anonymous said...

Very curious topic

Anonymous said...

The matchless message ;)

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about it


I suggest you to come on a site, with an information large quantity on a theme interesting you. For myself I have found a lot of the interesting. Hot Health