Thursday, July 2, 2009

Week One - Weekly Challenge

My challenge for this week for the 15 Week Challenge was to revamp a recipe. I must admit, I am constantly on the look out for new recipes and LOVE all types of food (hence the big ass) that I found it hard to chose the one that love the most. Recipes are easy to makeover into skinny recipes, its just if the taste is still there. This has to be in my top 5, I love breakfast (anytime of the day) and it is soooo delicious you would never tell that it is only 4 ww points for a HUGE piece. You can always add more veggies if you want. Sometimes I add mushrooms too.
Breakfast Casserole
3 cups croutons (I use balsamic vinaigrette croutons from Costco)
6 oz shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
6 oz cooked ham (you can also use imitation bacon bits or turkey sausage)
1 cup zucchini
1/2 cup onion
3/4 cup sweet red pepper
2 cups Egg Beaters Egg Whites
1 cup evaporated milk
salt and pepper
1. Cook veggies and meat in a skillet. If you are using sausage, brown sausage in a large first and drain fat. If meat is already cooked, just add to veggies once done. Only cook veggies for about 5 minutes.
2. Place croutons in a 9X13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over croutons; top with veggie/meat mixture.
3. Beat eggs, evaporated milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, and pour over the casserole.
4. Cover baking dish, and refrigerate overnight.
5. The following morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (150 degrees C). Bake, uncovered, until browned and set, about 40 minutes. Let set for 5 minutes before eating.
Serves 8.
I am so in holiday mode right now but am using the Challange to keep motivated. Thanks Amy!
Moi

0 comments: