Thursday, April 23, 2009

I Did It

I finally got out of bed early and ran!!! It felt great and it was wonderful. I cannot believe how much better my lung capacity is now that I don't smoke. For the 30 minutes I was on the treadmill today, I probably ran 20 minutes of it. I did about 4 kilometers in 30 minutes which is good, but I plan to get better.

I have come to the realization that I lose weight and keep it off if I exercise. I don't hate exercising but don't especially look forward to it. There is always some reason I can find not to do it - if I could tighten up my ass by making excuses you could bounce a quarter off my gluteus maximus by now.

With the weather turning nicer, it is also very apparent I can't hide my legs in pants for much longer. Or more truthfully, I don't want to hide my legs in pants anymore. I want to show off my legs with confidence like I used to. I don't want to have to hide my muffin top, cause I want it gone.

I have been pretty good with eating so far this week. I have been trying to stay within my point allotment. It is hard but I have been doing good. I am now okay with using my bonus points and do not just stop counting because I go over my allotment. I even went out for supper tonight with MJ. We went to extreme pita - one whole wheat chicken pita with no cheese and no sauce is only 4 points!! I had some pita chips and tzaiki for an extra 3 points. Not too bad!!

Why is losing weight and looking fit so hard for some of us. Oh well, something worth having is worth working for right?? If I earn it, it will be that much sweeter.

Moi

0 comments: