Friday, April 24, 2009

I Get Chocolate For Going Pee??

So potty training sucks. I have a willful little girl (no idea where that comes from, I am guessing her father's side) who does not want to go on the potty. She loves her diapers (she tells me so and gives them hugs) and has no interest in wearing panties. She will sit on the potty while I get ready in the morning and simply not pee. I am no where near my whits end but it is starting to get annoying.

A friend of mine gave me a great idea... she started giving her toddler playdough for going pee on the potty. I am not that desperate yet to shell out that kind of cash for simple pee but it gave me an idea. I bought a one kilogram bag of mini eggs after Easter. MJ also got some playdough eggs in her Easter basket. So now, when you pee in the potty at my house, you get chocolate eggs. When you poop in the potty, you get a playdough egg.

Now I have cut off MJ from chocolate trying to make it hit home that this is a reward. It has been over a week since she has had chocolate. I kept reminding her what she got if she went pee on the potty and she tried a couple of times but just wasn't getting it. Just before I put her to bed tonight, I had to go potty. Of course, she followed me into the bathroom to watch (love it) and when I was done she said "Momma you get chocolate?" I said yes. She said "I want chocolate," and began to take off her pants.

She peed on the potty!!!

Oh, we were both so happy. We even called grandma. It was so cute. I told her I was proud of her and she said "I proud of me too!!" I heart skipped a beat.

So that is my exciting Friday night. Pee and chocolate. I am really hoping Saturday holds some playdough too!!

Moi

1 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

Yahoo! Yay for MJ!!! Potty training is hard, and you have found what makes her want to do it - good job, mom. :)

(How many points was the chocolate egg you earned??? LOL.)