Thursday, August 5, 2010

Okay, Not so Proud

I rocked the first half of July.  I really did.  I was careful (although not perfect) in what I ate and workout every second day.  Then I had to go back to work.  Although when I was at work I tracked my food (being close to a computer allows you to do that) but made poor food choices and got little exercise.

For the month I actually gained half a pound.  Now whether that was an actual gain or due to the 8 hours I spent in a car eating road food and limiting my water consumption (no need for extra bathroom breaks) the day before I weighed in.  (Actually, I weighed in late too.  I thought my sister had a digital scale - which she didn't.  It was a crazy go-go-go weekend so I just held off the weigh in as I didn't think I was in the running for a prize anyway.) 

I am bummed that I didn't do better but not surprised.  I let myself go the last couple of weeks.  It is so easy to become a sloth.  Plus, I only have 72 more days till my half marathon and need to step up the trainign majorly.  I was on track at the beginign of July but have missed the past four long runs and need to get my endurance back up. 

I was so ashamed regarding the weigh in I almost didn't blog about it.  But really I would only be lying to myself.  I am going to win the good fight, I will kick ass.  I will, I will, I will.  This is the last weight loss compittion that I join that I don't see results.  I am tired of losing and being in the middle of the pack.  I will do great. 

2 comments:

Karilynn said...

Hey!! Where is your half? And seriously.. 1/2 lb is pretty much nothing... no worries. Just a new start to kick some ass this month! LOVE YOU GIRL!!

Mindy said...

I know what you mean about slackin the last two weeks. i was rockin the first of the month as well but then i let the beer temptation get in my way. NOT THIS MONTH! that's the great thing about these comps... prizes EVERY month! ;) so, get your butt in gear and get moving. good luck!