Monday, August 23, 2010

Its Going to be a Clean Eating Week

Wholly crap. It is now less than eight weeks till I run my half marathon. I am getting increasingly more certain that I will be able to do this and it is becoming more apparent that I really need to feed and water my body better.


Yesterday was my long run day. I did 11 kilometers in 90 minutes. I was hoping to do 12 kilometers in 110 minutes but didn’t have it in me to run around my block a couple of more times. I ate like crap the day before (missing snacks, eating popcorn for supper, having pizza for lunch) and barely drank any non-carbonated liquids. My body could feel it, I was just worn down.

My problem is that I do really well during the week and then everything goes into the toilet on the weekends. I need to eat consistently better and increase my water intake. It doesn’t matter if it isn’t fun or as delicious, this is what needs to happen. I need to plan better, my lack of planning leads down the dangerous road of pre-packaged food. They are awful for you and just make me want to eat more bad food.

My goal this week (other than food journaling) is to eat cleaner. Work out a food plan and then stick to it. No ‘treats’ for being good or getting my runs in. Treats lead down the dark road of bad eating. I will eat clean this week and love it!!!

2 comments:

Jack said...

Hey, Lisa!
If I can be of any assistance putting together an eating plan for you, let me know. Good luck!
Jack

Jack said...

Email me at SuccessLifestyle@gmail.com