Monday, August 9, 2010

I Love Me Some Fair Food

I went to the fair this weekend.  It was hot, sweaty and wonderful.  I asked Kari what should I eat before I went and her suggestion was to eat salad with no dressing and maybe some corn on the cob.  Well, um, I, um, like, sorta, um...

Honestly, I did not see a salad at the fair.  I barely saw any vegetables.  I saw some fried onions (for perogies), some small pieces of veggies in fried rice (that glisten), and not a cob of corn to be seen.  OKAY, I did see one salad, it was coleslaw with enough mayo on it to feed a small Vietnamese village for a year.  

I did not eat the best.  I ate more fried food in one day than I ate in the past six month.  My baby daddy, my daughter and me shared mini doughnuts, corn dogs, fries, slushies, an elephant ear, a snow cone, and a funnel cake.  It was delicious and gluttonous.  We did a lot of walking and considering that and not eating lunch or supper I didn't eat that much over my calorie intake.  I was only about 100 calories over which really is good.  I didn't go full hog but did have a sampling of everything.  Wonderful.  Not really nutritious but that was remedied on Sunday. 

On Sunday, I also had my long run for marathon training.  I could only do about 4 miles as it was smoking hot when I went.  I wanted to double the distance but couldn't push pass the heat.  This week I am definitely going out earlier.  I did eat better that day and doubled up on veggies to make up for the lack of them the day before. 

Setting up a marathon running plan tomorrow.  Going to set some goals to meet and beat!!!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Marathon training? Yep, you're crazy!!! =D However, I'm sure you'll love it! Way to set goals for good!!