Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Frustrating

So I have this friend (not really its not me, honest) she is a wonderful and beautiful person who is kind and sweet but she is so frustrating.  She is a cereal fad weighlosser.  In the year I have known her she has joined two gyms, when on the south beach diet, isogenics, P90X, gone organic, became a vegetarian, have went on numerous detoxes, and probably more I just didn't know about all in the name of losing weight. 

The funny thing is she is the one who motivates me to keep running when I want to stop.  She is the voice I hear in my head that keeps me going.  She is my cheerleader and I so want to help her break her dieting cycle.

I want to have a diet intervention with her.  She is interested in clean eating as there are a couple of us doing it at work.  The problem is she wants the quick fix and she wants it fast.

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can reach out to her.  I have tried humour and joking that she must be a millionaire to afford so many new diets.  She actually jokes about the diet of the week.  I want her to be happy with herself, which she is not. 

4 comments:

E. Tyler Rowan said...

That's a tough one! I often approach situations like that by focussing on me. For example, "What I am finding is working for me..." Or, "I really used to struggle with...but then I began doing this." People don't like unsolicited advice (sometimes we don't even like the advice we ask for, lol), so offering her suggestions may end up turning her off. I bet it would help her to know how encouraging you find her, though!

Karilynn said...

Sometimes honesty is the best approach.. you could ask her about all the diets of the week and why she thinks they failed. You could pipe up with your own opinion there (or my opinion! ;) ) which is that temporary changes yield temporary results and MAYBE going about it from a lifestyle change perspective will be the key to her success AND the unraveling of "the diet of the week"! Good luck!!! ;)

Anonymous said...

А! Hola, he encontrado tu blog a través de Google, mientras que la búsqueda de primeros auxilios para un ataque al corazón y su puesto se ve muy interesante para mí.

Anonymous said...

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a brand new initiative in a community. Your weblog supplied us valuable information to work on. You have done a marvellous work!