Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Sometimes the Little Things Ruin Your Day, But they Shouldn't

All in all I have had a great day.  It was a light but busy day at work, I bought a super cute top to wear tomorrow for the Bon Jovi concert (yes that is right, Bon fricken Jovi), had some great playtime with my daughter and then... 

I recently applied for another job.  I love my job but this one was for WAY more money and more time off (every second Friday).  It was a bit of a weird interview but all in all I think it went great.  I was hopeful but didn't have my hopes up (if that makes sense).  Unfortunately I found out tonight I did not get the job.  I know its silly but it is the way I feel.

Its not that I don't like my job, I love it but its hard to be rejected.  I am fighting the urge to go drown my sorrows in food.  Good thing I have no really bad stuff in my house.  So far I have indulged in a spoonful of Chocolate Dream but am doing pretty good.  It helps that the rest of my week is going to rock.

Like I said, I am going to Bon Jovi tomorrow!!!  So super excited for that.  Plus I leave on Thursday to go see my sister.  Yes that will be another holiday.  I fricken love summer holidays.  I may not take hot holidays in the winter but laying on a beach in the summer makes up for it.  Plus it is way cheaper. 

Have been trying to get back into working out but it is hard.  I spent the Friday and Saturday doing renovations.  I am loving making my house a home finally and decorating and making it mine.  On Sunday I actually slept in until almost noon.  It was amazing.  I can't remember the last time I slept that long.  It was wonderful.  I thought I would go for a run Sunday morning but there was no morning for me.  Opps.

My holidays actually start tomorrow at noon so I am going to get a good run in before my bff comes for the concert.  Maybe even a yoga class depending on when she gets here.  What a great way to start off my next round of holidays. 

Hope everyone is having a beautiful summer.  Try not and let the small things get you down for too long.  Having a spoonful of chocolate dream pity is okay but an economy sized bag of potato chips with dip pity is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Samantha Thomas said...

Shot thru the heart and your to blame... you give loooove a bad name!

Love Bon Jovi! Have fun girl!

youcandoit said...

NICE! Have fun at the concert! Then cherish the moments with your sister! You will feel motiviated to workout soon!

In regards to job, that just means it wasn't meant to be. There's a better one that awaits you. It is hard to make a decision when it comes to employment..."love the job with little pay" or "hate the job with lots of pay"? Or do we sacrifice the unhappy position with more pay temporary? Downside....it's hard to leave a good paying job because the more we make, the more we spend.

I know you will ultimately make the right decision when it arises.

Again, have fun at the concert! (you are probably already there)