Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Lent is Over

Lent is over, praise the Lord!!! I am now allowed to eat chocolate. I took total advantage of this today, okay, I went a little overboard. To be completely honest, after forty days, it didn't taste as good as I remembered. (Okay the Lindt chocolate did but the regular chocolate wasn't worth it.)

I am seriously contemplating signing up for a half marathon. Not just any marathon, the Nike Women's 2010 marathon in San Fransisco. The one where you get a Tiffany's necklace for finishing. I have some friends who are going into it. Since there are about 20,000 racer and many more than that who want to do the event, there is a random draw to get into the event. Although I have no idea who can watch my child (any volunteers?) I think I am going to do it. Heck, worse comes to worse, I can strap her to my back and make it a real challenge.

Easter was a really weird weekend for me. I went back to my home town to see my baby sister getting married (wonderful) but I had some other emotional stress that didn't make it the happiest weekend. I learnt some things that I necessarily didn't want to know (although I had a sinking suspicion). There was some heated words (really what would be a family get together without some drama right) and some hurt feelings (both mine and someone very close to me). I am not sure what to do about it and have been using my ability to eat chocolate as a coping mechanism. Tomorrow, no more chocolate, instead I am going to be using exercise as a way to work my way through my problems.

I hope everyone accomplished what they wanted to at the weight in and didn't overindulge too much at Easter. If you did, I hope you take advantage of the beautiful weather and get your butt into gear.

1 comments:

Ellura said...

Hey, that is totally amazing that you went without chocolate that long!!!! I am sooo impressed. As for the family drama, I hope it all works out. I have had my share too and it is harder for me to deal with than other kinds of stress. Glad to see you are back in the exercise mode. Good luck this month.