Sunday, April 11, 2010

I Did It - Well Almost - Now its Time for a Plan

Okay so I signed up for my first half marathon. Now is the wait. There is a random drawing for entry won't be finalized until April 20th. So I guess it will be another 10 days to know for certain. I have decided if I don't make it into the Nike Women's marathon I am going to look for another one. I don't know if I can find one that offers me a Tiffany's necklace at the end but I am looking forward to the reward of completing the run.

I have realized something this week. I lack motivation. I went for a run with a friend and it was funny how much farther I ran with her cause she wouldn't let me stop. She kept pushing me to run a bit farther and a bit harder. I am so glad for my running buddy but unfortunately am going to be unable run with her for most of my workouts. To counteract my laziness, I am going to set up a workout schedule. I have much better motivation when it is planned. Randomness is not a strong point. The general plan is yoga on Tuesdays and Saturdays, pilate's on Friday and run workouts the rest of the days. I am going to work out the details of the run workout tomorrow but I am excited to have a goal to work towards.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on going for the half! When I see everyone post stuff like that I'm a little envious. I'm not much of a runner, never have been, don't know if I'll ever be one. =)

Brandy said...

WOW! A half marathon, don't even know how far that is but it sound impressive!

Ellura said...

I hope you make it into the half. I have been contemplating workouts too. I don't know how all you mothers do it. Now that I am babysitting about 60 hours a week, I find it very difficult to find the time. I decided that I will do 30 min 5 times a week. Not as much as I used to do but I think it is doable. Good luck with your goals this month.

Jessica B said...

I need a schedule as well...I found a good one on about.com and I like it a lot. I am training for the Utah valley half in June and would totally love to have someone to run with ocassionally if you are interested. Good luck on your drawing!