Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh its Monday

Its Monday and I feel stuck. I am still at my parents house as my grandmother (or baba) passed away Thursday evening. (Although it is sad, I was with her when she went and it was very quick and very peaceful. She would not have wanted to be sick in any way so, all things considered, this was not as bad as it could have been. She was 85 and lived a great life.) The funeral is on Wednesday so I am here until then and I just want to go home. I want to go to work, I want to take my daughter to daycare, I just want to get back to my regular life. (Okay, I know a little selfish right now but that is what I want.) Plus being at my parents with everyone bringing over sympathy food, I am finding it hard to stick with my clean eating plan.

Oh well, two more days and I will be on the road home. I am going to go to an old boot camp class I used to always go to tonight and maybe a run tomorrow in the park. I am going to have to do that at the minimum to counteract the homemade turkey cutlets and perogies that was brought over for supper tonight (I will start with a big salad but this is Ukrainian food at its finest and I won't get another chance at food like this for a long time.)

Hope everyone else is doing well.

5 comments:

Karilynn said...

So sorry your Babba past but grateful it was peaceful. Enjoy your boot camp class and your run... I totally get the desire to be home... it just feels nice to be in your own routine... especially in times when life is throwing you wrenches! Enjoy your Ukranian food... just work your butt off when you get back!! :o)

Our Fam said...

I eat greek food when ever I get the chance. Its not like its there every day. I figure if I eat right most of the time I can still enjoy things once in a while and know that I need to work harder later. I know that if I didnt eat like that I could lose more but hey I want life to still be enjoyable. Im sorry your week has been a crummy one.

OldGoogleAccount said...

So sorry about your Baba. It's not selfish to want to be at home. It's stressful what you're going through! Hang in there.

Ellura said...

Hey, sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope your life gets back to normal soon. :)
the bootcamp thing sounds like fun - well maybe fun is not quite the right work...

Ellura said...

oops - the right word! although I am sure it is work!