Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not Having the Best Day

So I have been sucking this competition so far. I haven't been watching what I eat closely enough and definitely have not been exercising enough. The irony of that, I yelled at my baby daddy for not putting in enough of an effort (umm, maybe that conversation is one I should be having with myself). So I watched the Biggest Loser premier on the weekend and got inspired, I planned my menu, made my soup lunch and planned for a super week. Heck, I even put a hold on the Eat Clean Living book and it came in and I planned to pick it up on Monday night.

Then my world came falling down. My babba is in the hospital in ICU and her kidneys are shutting down. (She is 84 so health problems are to be expected but she was not really that sick until now.) The doctors are not too sure what is wrong with her. There is a mass in her bowels that maybe cancer. They are doing tests and have her on morphine for the time being. I found out Sunday she was in the hospital, Monday I was thinking I should make the drive (four hours home) and today I finally came. I feel horrible because they gave her medication this morning because her kidneys were shutting down and the medication knocks her out. This means that if I would have came back yesterday, I could have actually talked to her and told her how much I love her and how I know in my heart she is going to be okay. I did tell her those things today when I saw her but I couldn't see that twinkle that is always in her eyes.

So I am not having the best day and since I am an emotional eater I gave in today. I ate really bad (even McCrappies). Today is a new day and I am going to enjoy it to its fullest. I am going to make choices that help my chances of being around so that I to can enjoy my great grandchildren for a long time.

I do have to apologize for not posting on anyone else blog lately. I will soon. I need to concentrate on me for right now but give me a couple of days and I will be encouraging everyone to my fullest!!!

8 comments:

Jessica B said...

I am so sorry that you have had to see anyone that sick, let alone someone that means that much to you. I am so glad you are taking time for you, we will be here whenever. Just remember to forgive yourself for mc crappies, we have all been there.

Karilynn said...

I hope your BABBA gets better soon! So sorry that you missed her yesterday. And that you were forced to eat McCrappies. In case you haven't noticed, I've been having a little craziness and have found great comfort in the idea of TAKING ONE DAY AT A TIME!! Do your best and forget the rest... adn don't worry about tomorrow... it will still be there when you get there!

Grace said...

You do the best you can and then get a new chance tomorrow. Do what you need to do, and good luck to all your family!

M and A said...

sorry to hear about your sick relative! prayers are with you & your family!

Kim said...

Hope she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa - I'm sorry to hear about your Babba - I know how much she means to you. Know that even if you're not seeing the 'twinkle' she can hear you and knows that you are there.

Praying for you,

Frieda

Heather Brown said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Babba. Take it one day at a time and you will be just fine! We are all here cheering you on. We are all here through the good and the bad! That is what is so great about this group!! Take advantage!!

OldGoogleAccount said...

I'm sorry your Babba is sick. It must be so worrisome for you! We can't be strong all the time. Don't be too hard on yourself. You've got a lot on your plate right now.