Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Week In and Not Doing the Best

A week into the competition and I have had little progress. It is very frustrating. I haven’t been the most stringent to eating well as I am under tremendous stress in my life. I am a stress eater and have been keeping that under control but when I am stressed I hold onto weight, especially water weight. I need just to learn to let go.


The wedding planning is going wonderfully, we are a bit over budget but I almost expected that. I am going to be a bit more cost conscious and start tracking the wedding spending so I feel more in control. There is a part of the planning that is really starting to bug me – my family, and especially my mom’s, total lack of enthusiasm. They seem to want to fight me on the choices I make and then when I ask their opinion there response is ‘well it’s your wedding, do whatever you want’. Urrrggg!!!! What is really upsetting me is when I asked my mom if she wanted to come wedding dress shopping her response was less than stellar, “Well maybe, depends if I am busy that day.” I just went by myself. I got a beautiful dress that I am in love with but I really wanted to have a different experience.

On top of the wedding, I have decided to become a Stella & Dot Stylist. Probably not the best time in my life to begin a small business but I figures what the hell. I talked to a bunch of my friends before hand who were all super pumped to have a trunk show and now that I have made the financial commitment no one (and I mean no one) wants anything to do with it. It really is wonderful jewelry (it has been featured in In Style and is going to be in Vogue in the fall). (Side note, if anyone really wants to have a trunk show, please let me know.)

Oh, did I mention that I am signed up to take another Masters class in July. Eff. Why do I do this to myself? I have a big assignment due before the class starts and I haven’t bought the books yet. I need to either go buy the books or drop the class. I really need to take a class this summer to be able to graduate on my schedule but something has to give soon I think or I am going to go nuts!!!

For all my weight loss competition buddies, I am sorry for the lack of comments on my behalf. I am normally not a deadbeat but I have been crazy busy and for some reason can’t comment on any blog that isn’t a BlogSpot blog. (If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.)

1 comments:

Karilynn said...

Holy geeze!! You too have so much on your plate. Congrats on all th wedding planning. If you need a real opinion... take a pic and send it my way! ;) You deserve all the happiness in the world.
Drop the class... take it when life is more settled!
Congrats on your business!
:)